A war memorial altar
As part of the ceremonies marking the Diamond Jubilee of Confederation in 1927, the future King Edward VIII dedicated the altar in the Memorial Chamber, a national war memorial in the newly rebuilt Houses of Parliament. The altar would later be the resting place of the Books of Remembrance, listing all of Canada's war dead.
Dedication of the Altar in the Memorial Chamber, Peace Tower, Houses of Parliament by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, Order of Ceremony, Ottawa, 3rd August, 1927
Archives and Special Collections - Morisset Library - University of Ottawa - Ottawa, Ontario
View PDF:Peace Tower altar.pdf
pamphlet, 4 pages