The Dead of Assiniboia
The memorial, which lists 39 dead from the First World War and 15 dead from the Second, was moved and repaired in 1982. The soldier had to be removed because of damage caused by vandals.
"Lieut. Gov Newlands Unveiling Assiniboia War Memorial, June 25th 1924", by Jackson Studio
Ley and Lois Smith War, Memory and Popular Culture Research Collection - The University of Western Ontario - London, Ontario
photograph mounted on card, 29.9cm x 24.7cm