The Canadians at Seaford

During the First World War, it was customary for a unit to decorate the entrance to its encampment, like these at Seaford, on the south coast of England. One design, by Corporal Stenhouse of the Canadian Engineers, was forty feet long and ten feet wide. Another display marked the headquarters of the Canadian Army Service Corps.

"Canadian Engineers' Orderly Room, Seaford" and "Headquarters, C.A.S.C., Seaford," Hilton Studio, Brighton, n.d. [1918]

War, Memory and Popular Culture Archives - The University of Western Ontaro - London, Ontario
postcards, 8.7cm x 13.9cm