The Canadian Legion was keen to offer advice and assistance to all demobilized Canadians at the end of the Second World War.
The 1938 Canadian Corps reunion featured a full-size replica of a typical French village in which soldiers could relive the good times of the First World War.
Veterans groups used every means possible, including pool betting on horse racing, to raise money for the benefit of ex-soldiers and their dependants.
In 1944, the service at Vancouver's Cenotaph was as much about the war then in progress as it was about the war of the previous generation.
Founded in 1920, the Ypres League was a comrades and commemoration organization that brought together ex-soldiers who had served in the Ypres Salient during the First World War.
After the Second World War, this wholesale and retail dry goods firm published a booklet to recognize staff members who had served in uniform.
Dominion Day was the occasion for the GWVA's yearly memorial service in Paris, Ontario, to honour fallen comrades.
The ex-soldiers' organization organized a number of concerts in Paris immediately after the First World War, to raise money for its fund that aided destitute veterans.
Fifteen years after the end of the Second World War, this Montreal unit laid up its colours in accordance with military tradition.
The Canadian Government commissioned artists across the Dominion to document both the Canadian Expeditionary Force overseas, and the impact of the war at home. Many of this war art became part of a traveling exhibit organized by the Canadian War Memorials Fund.
Survivors of the 240th Battalion, formed in 1916 in eastern Ontario, came together in Renfrew, Ontario, thirty-two years after the end of the First World War.
This memorial service, at the Cenotaph in London, was convened as part of the Vimy Pilgrimage of 1936.
The monument in Dundas honoured the dead of the South African War as well as the First World War, and featured a soldier figure by sculptor Hamilton MacCarthy.
The War Memorial Children's Hospital of London, Ontario, opened in 1921, issued a report and plea for donations each year.
Harold Bailey was born in Perth County, Ontario, but was living in Melfort, Saskatchewan, when he enlisted with the 1st Contingent early in the First World War. Over the next five years, he sent a series of postcards to various family members, who carefully preserved them until his return to Canada in 1919.
The 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment, nicknamed the Kangaroos because its vehicles were intended to carry infantrymen, published this history of its participation in the campaign in north-west Europe after the Second World War, when the unit was stationed in the Netherlands.
A Canadian veteran travelling to the unveiling of the memorial at Vimy Ridge bought this souvenir on board the SS Montrose while en route to France.
In 1936, a Canadian veteran sent this postcard to a friend in Windsor, Ontario, to describe the unveiling of the memorial on the site of the Battle of Vimy Ridge.
The Royal Canadian Legion branch in Bridgetown, Nova Scotia, unveiled its war memorial at this service in 1937.